- I slept. I slept a LOT.
- I am tan, which means I laid out in the sun.
- I got my wife hooked on Battlestar Galactica and was able to watch all of Season 1 with her.
- My old boss met us down there. We went out and had a good time and a good dinner.
- We went on a pirate cruise on the Marigalante. The sun was good. The motion sickness of my wife was not.
- We shopped and met a delightful man that used to live in Everett, Wa. We went to his shop twice.
In other news, I came the the realization that I don't really have a great track record with consulting gigs. I've only had 2 so far, but I can't seem to make more than $400 on any of them. The first, with MGT America, didn't go any where through no real fault of my own. The parent company decided to go a different route and my contact there was downsized. The last one, with a software development shop, came down to time. I didn't have any and they wanted too much of what little I had.
I'm not too worked up, except for one small thing. The CFO, who ostensibly was my primary contact, didn't have the balls to call me and tell me that they found someone else to do their stuff, he made my friend to do it. I'm not really surprised, however. Oh well. I'm off to send them an e-mail letting them know that I won't be charging them for any of the work I did and will be removing their client software from my machine. I'm also going to ask them for a written confirmation that the contract period has ended and that I am no longer held by it.