Friday, February 17, 2006

Into the breach

I haven't posted here in a while. But, here I am. Things have been extremely busy since my return from Mexico. The office remodel at work is well underway. The new data center (or server room) is almost done. We are now preparing to move equipment.

Tonight is a big night, however. We get to power down our primary network switch and upgrade it to support our VoIP server. I'm the most nervous about this particular component because there's a ton of risk.

Note: I've come to a conclusion about this blog. I ramble too damn much. I don't write for the sake of writing, and I don't really have any desire to do fiction, like Alhazred. I'm going to keep trying however. I also don't need a blog as a personal outlet because I can't relate to the outside world. I need to find a focus here or it will flounder and sit. I've often considered doing a somewhat tongue-in-cheek blog pertaining to my hobby, World of Warcraft. Maybe that will work...

No comments: