Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sleep, Perchance to dream

Some days I really hate my job. Today is one of those days.

I am in the process of re-architecting some automation scripts that I built several years ago. The end goal is to make them all aware of holidays, or days where the business isn't open. I'm in the final stages of this rebuild. What does this mean? It means that the 2 most important processes are ready to test. I went to bed at 10:15pm last night and got up at 4:30am so that I could be in the office to support my end users. Do the math. That's not much sleep. Luckily, the problem this morning was minor and I was able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve it. I'm hoping to not have to be here as early tomorrow. I'm still going to get up, but I won't need to get up so damn early.

Today is going to be rather a long one, so coffee will be my friend for the time being. I've taken on a consulting gig for a friend's company. The extra cash will be nice, but I have this nagging "I don't want to work any more than I have to" attitude right now. Ah well.. such is life..

No comments: