Sunday, December 25, 2005

Vacation: Days 5 & 6 (a.k.a. Christmas)

Yesterday, that would be Christmas Eve, was a whirlwind. My brother-in-law showed up Friday night sometime between 5PM and 7PM. We all got up pretty early on Saturday. My son and oldest nephew took a long time going to sleep on Friday and were cranky as hell for our little shindig.

Everyone started showing up at about 11AM for Eggs Benedict. I've never had it before and found it to be pretty good. I might try it again. We began the present extravaganza at around 1pm. The kids' behavior deteriorated steadily until everyone left at about 6pm.

With the house quiet, we watched a couple of our new movies, namely Star Wars Ep. 3: Revenge of the Sith and Robots. To be clear, my son and I watched Star Wars and my wife and daughter watched Robots. The kids didn't manage to get to sleep until 11:30PM. It may have been visions of sugarplums doing the Cha Cha in their head that did it. Of course, it could have also been that they were just too amped up from the day's activities to sleep. Santa arrived at about 1:30AM after successfully wrapping the goods and depositing them in the appropriate sock.

Today was relaxing. We watched It's a Wonderful Life, which is just about my favorite Christmas movie, outside of Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Story. We're all tired, so everyone is going to bed early tonight. We're planning on going to my Mom's for dinner and the last bit of Christmas for the year.

No comments: