Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Vacation: Day 2

With the oven successfully installed yesterday, today marks Day 2 of my vacation. I started off my day with a trip to the county landfill. We are nearing the end of our pre-spring cleaning and had a van-load of old stuff to get rid of. None of it was really suitable for The Goodwill, or The Salvation Army. If it was, I would have donated it, but sadly, it contributed to the further degradation of Mother Earth.

I learned something about myself, however. I can't stand getting rid of perfectly good and functional technology of any kind. We had 2 stereo systems that we simply didn't have room for, and that we couldn't get rid of. I stared at them both for about a minute before I gave them the heave-ho. I really wanted to find a home or them, but couldn't. Oh well. C'est la vie.

The rest of today goes like this:
  • 1:00PM : Leave for Longview to visit my Dad, Uncle and Grandfather.
  • 3:00PM -8:00PM : Visit, eat dinner, etc.
  • 8:00PM - Head home.
My friends are doing an instance run tonight in WoW, but I doubt I'll make it. They'll be done before I get home, I'm sure. I'm going to need to take a vacation from this vacation in order to get some rest and relaxation.

No comments: